Evidence previously withheld from the jury was revealed during a new Collin County court hearing in the trial of 19-year-old Karmelo Anthony, the defendant in the case of the fatal stabbing of student Austin Metcalf at a High School track meet in April 2025. According to prosecutors on Thursday, Anthony had previously sent his ex-girlfriend “violent and disturbing” text messages and Austin Metcalf and his twin brother, Hunter, have a juvenile criminal record. [snip] “I offered the agreement,” Wirskye said, according to WFAA-TV. “Let’s stay away from historical character and stick to the facts—what happened under the tent.” At Thursday’s hearing at the Collin County Courthouse, prosecutors revealed that Anthony was reportedly “spiraling” just hours before he stabbed 17-year-old Metcalf, purportedly telling his ex-girlfriend over text that he wanted to stab someone and was “lowkey on the verge” of doing so. [snip] Anthony had also sent a picture to his ex-girlfriend of the knife he later used to stab Metcalf, telling her, “I’m low key on the verge,” according to Collin County First Assistant District Attorney Bill Wirskye. Wirskye noted that Anthony had also sent his ex-girlfriend other disturbing messages — which included threatening her with a knife, and in another text, saying, “when I stab somebody I’m gonna lick their blood off the blade.” “He was spiraling,” Wirskye emphasized. [snip] The records showed that the twins had previously assaulted two female students on separate occasions. They also revealed allegations that the twins bullied a Black student in class in October 2023, as well as painting graffiti that contained “vile racist stuff.” Austin was also suspended after discussing plans with another student to bring a gun to school, and in December 2021, he was banned from girls’ basketball games for using profanity toward players. [snip] He was assigned to the case after original trial judge, State District Judge John Roach Jr., was recused following a hearing where visiting Regional Presiding Judge Sid Harle determined Roach’s post-trial media interview — where he remarked that the jury “got it right” — allegedly created an appearance of potential bias. (*) Full article: https://www.oann.com/newsroom/previously-hidden-evidence-revealed-karmelo-anthony-said-he-was-on-the-verge-of-stabbing-someone-hours-before-the-murder Post navigation Meet the Satanist child abuse cult leader tied to 30 victims Penn.: Police identify man accused of ‘terrorizing’ Philadelphia locals in ‘Chucky’ Halloween mask